We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mystic vs new london

Alberta
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mystic vs new london

We are taking rail from new york city to new london and then a ferry to Block island. Should we stay a night or two in new london or mystic or go straight to block island for 2-3 nights. We like slower pace, beaches, quaint sea side towns, nice walks,etc. Can a person get from new london rail station to mystic without a car? This area is completely new to us. We are really just looking for a nice 2-3 night break from new york city.

Any advice would be appreciated.

conn
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mystic vs new london

amtrack has train service to mystic or you could take a cab from new london. unless you want to visit mystic seaport (highly recommend) I don't know if I would really brother with a over night stop I think I would just take the ferry over to block island and save conn. for your next trip.

Oslo
Level Contributor
867 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mystic vs new london

I love New London but as far as places to stay... Mystic. B&B's are everywhere and it is an easily walkable town. Next time in the area take a day trip to New London.

Mentioned in this post
New London
New London
Connecticut
CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mystic vs new london

If you only have 2-3 nights, you should go right to Block Island and kick off your shoes and relax!

If you have an additional night, you might want to think about Mystic...

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mystic vs new london

Indeed, stay in Mystic if you can't go directly to Block Island. New London isn't a "slower pace, beaches, quaint sea side town, nice walks" kind of place.

Mentioned in this post
New London
New London
Connecticut
CT
Level Contributor
93 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mystic vs new london

I responded to your thread in the New Hampshire forum.

Mentioned in this post
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
nect
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mystic vs new london

MYSTIC!! OMG, avoid NL at all cost!

7. Re: mystic vs new london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 06:18