We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days/nights?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many days/nights?

How many days should we plan to stay in Mystic to see the Village and Seaport?

what is considered "Must see"?

Is the American Indian museum in Foxwoods worth staying an extra day to see?

any suggestions are appreciated.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days/nights?

Hi Marilyn,

Generally 1-2 days is plenty of time in Mystic.

It is a nice area but not that big. The Foxwoods museaum is nice to see but not worth an entire extra day unless you will be here anyway.

I do not know your plans, but you should consider taking some time in Newport RI if you can. Newport is a wonderful town.

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days/nights?

Sun's suggestion is right on, Marilyn. Mystic is SO close to Newport and the great mansions and shops and restaurants, the cliff walk and the sea, the marinas and the overall ambiance. It's worth looking into.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days/nights?

thank you so much! We were thinking of spending three nights but I think I'll consider the two nights and then perhaps a night in Newport...

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days/nights?

A wise choice except that I'd do it the other way around. One night in Mystic, two nights in Newport (you'll most certainly be lured by the RI seacoast). Whatever you end up doing, it's a great area of the country for sightseeing. Have a great trip.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days/nights?

Yes Raecam is right... plan 2 days in Newport and 1 in Mystic. You will be much happier doing it like this.

6. Re: How many days/nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 05:16