We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall New England coach trip

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fall New England coach trip

My husband and I are planning to go to New England in October for the Fall. Can anyone recommend a company offering coach trips?

What are the coach trips like?

We are happy to drive ourselves but don't want to spend all day in the car. Are there places we could go to without eating up the miles?

Many thanks

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
935 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall New England coach trip

I never done a coach trip here but you could look at

gonewengland.about.com/gi/o.htm…

If you stick t Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, things are pretty close together. If you go north to New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine there will be more driving. Look at the tours and decide what you'd like to see. Maybe spend some time in the Berkshires (western Ma) http://www.mohawktrail.com/ then visit Boston and Newport

Connecticut
Level Contributor
613 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall New England coach trip

New England is beautiful in the fall. You could plan your own trip and you do not need to spend all day in the car. If you look at a map...Hartford, CT is ..2 hours to Boston, 3 hours to Portsmouth N.H., 4 hours to Portland,ME, just oveer 3 hours to Rutland, VT, 4.5 to Burlington, VT, 4 to Middlebury, VT, 1 to 1 1/2 to western Mass and the Berkshires, about 1.5 hours to various points in Rhode Island...and about 2 hours into Manhatten. There is a wide variety of hotel, inns, and bed and breakfast places to stay, lots of state parks to stop in, antiquing, strolling throught villages and towns, great restaurants, historic sites, etc. If you still want a coach tour, check out Tauck Tours. They have a New England Autumn Tour.

3. Re: Fall New England coach trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 05:17