We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic or Newport???

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middletown, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mystic or Newport???

My husband and I are looking to plan a long weekend in New England in late fall. I love history, shopping and great food, some night life would be a plus. Which would be the better destination...Mystic CT or Newport RI? Thanks!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystic or Newport???

Flip a coin. They are both great destinations.

conn
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystic or Newport???

Mystic is the hands down winner on nightlife and history but Newport does have a lot going for it as well.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystic or Newport???

They're both fun destinations - I don't know about Mystic being the "hands down winner!" Newport is my choice. It has good food and shopping and a good night life. If you're interested, you can also visit the Newport mansions (The Breakers, Marble House, The Elms etc...) on Bellevue Avenue.

Nina

nect
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystic or Newport???

Newport hands down

Middletown, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mystic or Newport???

Well..we wound up going to Mystic and had a truly great time. We visited the seaport, aquarium, the shops downtown, the cider mill and a really beautiful winery, Jonathan Edwards. Mystic is a very charming place and I would gladly return. Thank you to everyone who replied to my post :D Maybe next trip to New England will be to Newport...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mystic or Newport???

Thanks for coming back to the forum and reporting on your choice and experience! Glad to hear that you had a great time.

Nina

7. Re: Mystic or Newport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 05:16