We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from PVD airport

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hanalei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
295 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from PVD airport

I'm going to Mystic for a business trip in June. Is there any kind of shuttle service from the Providence airport? The hotel didn't seem to know of one, but I thought I'd ask on here anyway just in case! If not, does everyone just rent a car?

thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from PVD airport

You can take Greyhound from PVD to New London, then I'm assuming local bus or taxi from New London to Mystic. Probably much easier just to rent a car though. PVD to Mystic isn't a bad drive and you'll be much freer to explore the area with your own vehicle.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
957 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from PVD airport

amtrak

connecticut
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from PVD airport

You would be much better off just renting a car. Trains or buses to and from can be a challenge. If you did manage it on a bus/train, you'd end up having to take a taxi or walking.....SO much easier to just rent a car!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,861 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from PVD airport

I agree rental is better gives you that piece of mind and you can be on your own schedule.

RI
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from PVD airport

I would recommend renting a car, the rental car companies are attached to the airport, so very accessible. The drive to Mystic is about 40 minutes.

6. Re: Transport from PVD airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:15