We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost

Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lucama, North...
1 post
Save Topic
cost

How much is a oceanfront 1 bedroom for 2 nights at atlantic ocean for someone who has been there many times in the past?

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost

You are asking this in the Connecticut Forum which does not touch the Atlantic Ocean. Where along the ocean are you going?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost

Connecticut doesn't touch the Atlantic Ocean?

Mashantucket...
Level Contributor
58 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost

CT is mostly on Long Island Sound. To the east is RI and then MA. At the boarder of RI the water changes over to Block Island Sound, but Block Island is actually in RI.

Boston...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cost

Do any of you actuall read a map?

"Connecticut is a New England state bordered by Massachusetts to the north, Rhode Island to the east, the Atlantic Ocean to the south, and New York to the west. It is the southernmost of the New England states and one of the original 13 colonies. Connecticut is the third smallest state; only Delaware and Rhode Island are smaller. The abbreviation for Connecticut is CT. "

Long Island Sound IS the Alantic Ocean

Edited: 25 May 2012, 14:21
Boston...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cost

*Atlantic Ocean

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost

We just booked three rooms at Days Inn in Mystic on the water, still the Atlantic Ocean LOL, from hotels.com for a three day August weekend. Rooms have king beds, so one bedrooms are more elsewhere at hotels that have suites. Our average with summer sales on hotels.com was about $125 US. We plan to have three couples and one baby meet there at Mystic almost halfway between Boston and NYC. They have complimentary breakfast, too. The other places we have looked at had two bedroom suites, one bedroom suites, but the reviews were not very good or they were located elsewhere. Also with nine points, we are only one pt. away from a free night on their rewards system. Westerly, RI is one of the beaches we are considering going to, as well as Old Mystic Seaport for activities. Also Mystic Pizza!

We did consider used VRBO.com, but it was more expensive and they go by the week, not weekends during peek season. But the have some very interesting properties on the water.

Edited: 28 May 2012, 21:10
London, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost

Buuuut, Mystic isn't even on Long Island Sound. It's on a river. Granted, it's a salt water river that leads into Fisher's Island Sound which leads into Long Island Sound which leads into the Atlantic Ocean... but I think that's stretching the definition of ocean a bit too far, ocean versus sound debate aside.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost

Ok, we will go to the Mystic Inlet Port, lol

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost

While it is part of the Atlantic Ocean (and I included this on my post but somehow deleted it), there will be much less waves so it may not be the ocean experience that you are looking for. I know if I am going to the beach, I will not go within CT and I head to Rhode Island.

Fort William...
Level Contributor
178 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost

How was Days Inn in Mystic? Have been looking at it because it's a great price but wondering if there is a (bad) reason for that!!!