We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarium

We are thinking of spending a day at the aquarium. How long would it take to do all there is to do there. Is it worth driving the distance to spend the day. We are coming from MA. Thanks

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,327 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium

I think you could do it all in a couple of hours. It is a nice aquarium. Many people prefer it to the Boston Aquarium. There is more to see in Mystic of course: the Seaport is great and the downtown shopping is nice.

RI
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium

I did it with a 4 year old in about three hours on a weekday afternoon. We might have spent longer if we were with an older child who really wanted to stop and watch all the animals, or if we had paid extra for feeding the birds or the touch tank. I think it's worth going to downtown Mystic afterward for ice cream at Drawbridge Ice Cream and some relaxation in the waterfront park.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarium

We just returned from Mystic. We took advantage of the ticket validation to return a second time within 3 days. On our first visit, we probably stayed about 4 hours, on the return visit we stayed about 3 hours. It is a very nice aquarium, how long you spend will depend on how long you linger at the various tanks. My kids were really interested in everything so we were probably there longer than most people.

If you aren't into "fried" concession stand food (your own option at the aquarium), there are picnic tables outside the aquarium if you bring your own food. Be sure to get your hand stand for return admission. Also, across from the aquarium on top of the hill is McQuade's Marketplace, which is where we ate one day of our visit. They have an excellent deli with a wide assortment of ready-made sandwiches and wraps as well as freshly made to order hot and cold sandwiches and wraps.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarium

Thanks everyone:)

5. Re: Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:15