We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

Planning on visiting Mystic with a 4 year old boy. Is 2 nights enought or should I do 3 (not to be running around there).

Here's my plan:

Day 1 - On the way to Mystic to stop by the Dinasaur park - spend afternoon there. Arrive to Mystic later that evening, check intop hotel, get dinner and bedtime

Day 2 - visit seaport and all of its attractions and also aquarium. Is one day enough for this???

Day 3 - check out of hotel and head towards Essex for the train / river ride.

So my issue is day 2 - is a day enought to see all that or do I need the extra time?

Thanks!!!

PS... if I missed anything, please let me know :)

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

I think that one day to do both the Seaport and the Aquarium is not quite enough. You do not seem to have allowed any time fo visit downtown Mystic. There are some shops and a great ice cream place.next to the drawbridge.

Farmington, CT
Level Contributor
292 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

The seaport and aquarium deserve a day each. There is a lot to do at both places and you may find yourself rushing. The seaport, in particular, has a lot for the kids. I have a 3 and 4 year old and wouldn't try both in the same day.

Which Dinasaur park are you thinking of vistiing? There are a few in CT.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

Agree with the others, try to space it out, to enjoy all that is there. We were wondering which dinosaur park you were referring to. The one in Rocky Hill, is a state park, with dinosaur footprints, and you can hike in the nature trails, and even make a plaster cast of a footprint!

Mystic seaport and aquarium, and surrounding area also has plenty to do; have a great time!

4. Re: How many days to spend in Mystic with a toddler???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mystic
Recent Conversations