We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Near Long Wharf

Level Contributor
244 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Near Long Wharf

We will be attending a matinee for our first ever attendace at the Long Wharf Theatre and I am looking for recommendations for a nice, reasonably priced restaurant that wouldn't be too far from there. Thank you!

Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Near Long Wharf

Wooster St (Little Italy) is just a few blocks away. There are several choices of well known pizzerias and Italian restaurants to choose from there depending on your budget and preferences. Head over and choose one.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
58 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Near Long Wharf

Lots of options in the city - and unfortunately, not too much is on the doorstep of the theater. I'd advise heading into the 9th square area which is about as close as you'll get to the theater. As for which place, depends a lot on your food preferences. My votes for good places:

-Bar: Fantastic pizza, excellent beer (they brew their own), very casual, noisy

-Bentara: Malaysian, great wine list, a little upper-crust but still pretty casual

-Skappo: Great family run italian place, very small, charming

-Temple Grille: American, plenty of options, casual, quality food

Hope that helps. Check out the restaurant listings here if you want more options and map them.

Level Contributor
1,293 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Near Long Wharf

Barcelona next to the Omni hotel is good. Check them out online: http://www.barcelonawinebar.com/newhaven.htm

There are alot of options in around New Haven & Yale.

Just park and walk and you will find them.

Also, I agree with the first post, "Little Italy" is right near the theatre with alot of options for pizza etc.

4. Re: Dinner Near Long Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about New Haven