We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking/access to NH train

Which New Haven hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Parking/access to NH train

I'm planning on taking the train into GCS on Jan 25 and returning on the 27th. I'd like to drive as little as possible, so want to take the train from NH. Is access easy from 95? And what would parking be like on a Friday evening (between 5-6)?

Thanks in advance.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking/access to NH train

The train station is not far from 95 and is clearly marked. I have never tried getting there at that time but that is not a busy weekend so you should be ok. There is valet parking there now if you find the garage full. Parking is $15 a day for self-parking, $20 for valet.

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking/access to NH train

The next station, Milford is a little farther off the highway but does not charge for parking on weekends

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking/access to NH train

Brookerme, I was thinking that but how is Friday evening handled?

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking/access to NH train

If you get there after the attendant leaves you're good, otherwise you'll have to pay the attendant. I'm not sure what time he leaves but its still cheaper than New Haven. I once stayed over onto a Monday and I returned Monday night there was an envelope to mail in the parking fee for the day.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking/access to NH train

That works then. Wasn't sure how it worked since I just park there on weekends.

6. Re: Parking/access to NH train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 20:16