We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Here is my review for Geronimo's Southwest Grill in New Haven. We had dinner there last weekend. Not very good in my opinion..

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33851-d1007…

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

If youre looking for 'authentic' Mexican... try Mezcal in the East Rock area of New Haven on Mechanic St, where State St and East St cross. People go to Geronimo 'to be seen' and Mezcal for good food and almost half the price!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Thanks JNSgraphic... Oh I wouldn't even classify Geronimo as mexican food. LOL We didn't go there looking for Mexican food specifically.. We just like walking around New Haven and popped in. That said, we LOVE Mexican so I will try Mezcal and be sure to report back. Have you ever been to Puerta Vallarta Mexican Restaurant in Newington? If so wonder how it compares.. :)

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

No Geronimo gets more of a 'bar crowd'... we haven't been to the Newington restaurant but their Orange location is also excellent if your looking for 'authentic' Mexican food and nice atmosphere... the Post Rd is just a bad, hopefully they're both consistent.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Yep.. we love Puerta Vallarta.. Newington to me is better than other locations I have tried- Southington and Middletown. It's one of our favs which is why I wondering how Mezcal compared. Thanks!

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Mezcal is a very small neighborhood restaurant, not fancy but the BEST Mexican food in New Haven!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Ha ha... had dinner there last night ... Had to try it after your recommendation.. It was fresh, good authentic food... and I agree probably the best in New Haven. I liked the small neighborhood location..... Our fav is still Pueta Vallarta though.

Thanks for recommending. We love to try new places especially unique neighborhood places like that. New Haven is one of our favorite towns too.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

Glad you enjoyed, we lived in the east rock area for yeeaaarrrrsssss and went to Mezcal regularly... surprisingly another good find for Mexican 'take out' is Fresh Taco on Elm Street a few blocks south of the green near Orange St., not 'authentic' and IMO Tacoscaren't their strong area but great burritos, and fajitas by the pound are the best!... chicken, steak or combo (not the shrimp here I think it's all dried - yuck) and the only place I've been where they make their own fresh flour tortillas (THE BEST) with every order not in advance.

8. Re: Geronimo Southwest Grill Restaurant Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about New Haven