We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calf Pasture Beach

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
896 posts
303 reviews
301 helpful votes
Calf Pasture Beach

What can you tell me about this beach. Is there free parking there? Whats it like at night?

G Man

conn
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
183 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Calf Pasture Beach

nice but not one of my favorites they charge for parking in summer. Lifeguards, restrooms etc. nothing at night.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Calf Pasture Beach

I don't think non-residents can even park there. At night, there are local softball games. Rocky beach near a power plant. Nothing special. Stick to the state park in Westport, which the name escapes me right now. Park probably closes at dusk.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
896 posts
303 reviews
301 helpful votes
3. Re: Calf Pasture Beach

Ok, i think i found what you are talking about - Sherwood Island State Park, is there free parking there? where should i go when in the park?

Thanks again,

G

Will40
1 post
4. Re: Calf Pasture Beach

Sherwood Island is State park - you pay to park in Summer. Calf Pasture, Norwalk and Compo beach, Westport are free to non residents in winter, but open to residents (with permit) in summer and non residents have to pay to park - at Westport something like $30 a day at weekends (I assume Calf Pasture similar).

Compo is by far the better. It will be a similar sceanrio all along the New England / Connecticut shore in terms of parking and cost

5. Re: Calf Pasture Beach

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Norwalk
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.