We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip to Sheffield Island and the Lighthouse

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trip to Sheffield Island and the Lighthouse

We were thinking of going on the boat ride to Sheffield Island and the tour of the light house. We have grandchildren ages 3, 5, and 7. I'd like to hear from someone who has taken the trip. Any recommendations..... Thanks for your help.

NY NY
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip to Sheffield Island and the Lighthouse

I went there a few years ago with my brother. It is a good day trip. It is a nice ride out there on the ferry. The beach is beautiful and deserted. The lighthouse was small but charming. I would say it is worth the trip. It is nice quiet place if you are into avoiding the crowds kind of thing.

Monroe
Level Contributor
86 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip to Sheffield Island and the Lighthouse

I did the trip with my 2 sons about 10 yrs ago and i dont think it has changed much. I think it was a nice daytrip and it is quiet and peaceful once you get out there. You are free to roam around and return anytime you want. On the way out there the driver tells you some interesting info about the area.

I think they would like it

3. Re: Boat trip to Sheffield Island and the Lighthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 05:16