We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Which Stonington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Has this restaurant closed? I tried to go to their website, and there wasn't anything there. Is it seasonal? I was thinking of going there for lunch with some friends in November because it seems to be the only restaurant there that is truly waterfront. Any comments or suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Don't know about that, but you could also try Dog Watch Cafe in Stonington Village. It's in the boatyard, but don't let that stop you -- great food, and right on the water.

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Closed for good. A new high-end restaurant is planned for the site.

morris, ct
Level Contributor
214 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skipper's Dock in Stonington

It was on the news last week that it was closing... the Inn at Stonington kicked them out. Owner said she was trying to open a new place in town, with her staff. I also like Dog Watch. You might enjoy S&P Oyster Co. for lunch... they are on the river, and views from the windows are very nice. We will be going to Mystic area soon... can't wait...

Level Contributor
758 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Another vote for Dog Watch. Seared Tuna!

morris, ct
Level Contributor
214 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Just got back from a long weekend trip to Mystic... ate at Dog Watch, Mystic Pizza and Ancient Mariner. All were good... I hadn't wanted to eat at Mystic Pizza because of the movie hype, but food and service were good. Ancient Mariner was warm and cozy on a rainy Sunday night. Food and service were good also.

Reply to: Skipper's Dock in Stonington
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stonington