We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for a newbie visitor

Which Uncasville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
advice for a newbie visitor

Hi all:

Live on L.I. and usually take the ferry to Foxwoods. Our anniversary falls on a Saturday this year and I would like to actually "stay the night" this time.

Any advice on grabbing a cheap room at MS??

or any advice in general? We're late 40s early 50s couple celebrating anniv # 22!

Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for a newbie visitor

You will find a better room rate at Foxwoods but don;t expect it to be cheap, especially on a Saturday night.There are a lot of hotels close by that have shuttle service. Bellisimo Grand is close to Foxwoods and very nice.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
305 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for a newbie visitor

Hi

If you want to be close to Mohegan Sun "Microtel" has the best rates for that area on a Saturday. It has a shuttle that leaves quite often for Mohegan. Make sure you get a players card and use it everytime you gamble and you will receive discounted rooms for MS. The same goes for Foxwoods. The previous poster gave the best place to stay close to Foxwoods. Have fun.

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice for a newbie visitor

thanks...for the prices I'm seeing it would almost be the same price to hop a cheap Southwest Airlines flight to Vegas. New York New York will give me a room for $59.00 (yes I have their player's card)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice for a newbie visitor

There's a Holiday Inn in Norwich on Laura Blvd that is great. It's small, of course but very pretty. If you're penny pinching, they have a shuttle bus that offers 2 free buffets at Mohegan. Check it out!

5. Re: advice for a newbie visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 06:42
Get answers to your questions about Uncasville