We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Bethany to New York

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Bethany to New York

Can you tell me how to fly to New York from Bethany? My granddaughter is coming from Baltimore in a car with other family members but wants to return to New York by plane. Is there a direct flight from any of the nearby Delaware or Maryland airports? Thanks for your help.

CA and DE
Level Contributor
114 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

When I last checked - there are no commercial flights to/from Delaware. I believe that the closest airport with commercial flights is in Salisbury MD. You still have to travel by car to Bethany Beach.

You might look into taking DART (bus) to Wilmington and then take the train from Wilmington.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

Thanks so much for responding. Using the DART bus to connect to the train sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the DART bus. Does it go to Bethany or Ocean City? How can I find its schedule? Thanks again.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

Merrdith,

Check this post from earlier this year.

tripadvisor.com/…16801911

The Rehoboth-Wilmington DART bus still runs only in season on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays:

dartfirststate.com/information/…rt305.pdf

There's a small airport in Salisbury, MD, about an hour from Bethany. But as far as I can tell, there are no direct flights to any of the NYC area airports.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to look into Greyhound bus connections from Dover. It's too bad that there are no convenient connections to NYC during the week.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

Merrdith,

Sussex County, DE, is dubbed "Slower Lower Delaware" for good reason. OTOH, a lot of the long-time residents -- and many of us part-timers who value the area as a respite from busier, more hectic places in the Mid-Atlantic -- kinda appreciate the fact that it's just "not easy to get there from here."

But I hope you're able to work out travel arrangements for your granddaughter. If we can help with other questions, please do post.

6. Re: Flying from Bethany to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bethany Beach