We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with small/no waves?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
52 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Beach with small/no waves?

Hello - I have been hearing a lot about the rip tides and huge waves down in the Bethany area. I was wondering if there was a better option not too far from Bethany that had little to no waves. My kids and I like waves - but we also like days off where we lie lazily on tubes or rafts. Thanks for your input!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach with small/no waves?

HI,

IF you are also visiting the Lewes-Rehoboth Beach area, you will find beaches with little to no waves. We used to go to tower road BAYSIDE near the Delaware Seashore State Park when we were little kids. Also, Lewes Beach just off of Savannah Rd in Lewes has little to no waves. The state park in Lewes seems to be calmer than Rehoboth or Bethany as well.

Hope this helps some

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach with small/no waves?

It is not really near Bethany but the closest calm beach like you are describing would be Lewes town beach. There are some areas on the bay in Indian River State Park but it's not the cleanest water.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
52 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach with small/no waves?

Thank you so much! It's not vacation until I get to float around in my tube.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach with small/no waves?

Definitely NOT North Bethany Beach. Waves were crazy! Crazy great but BIG!

5. Re: Beach with small/no waves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:16