We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bethany Beach in October

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Bethany Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bethany Beach in October

Hello all:

My son and I would like to take a last minute trip to Bethany Beach tomorrow, just for the day. Weʻve never been, so I was wondering a few things about the area in October:

1) Iʻm guessing parking continues to be metered as it is in the summer? And is it just street parking or is there a beach parking lot we could use?

2) Can we park fairly close to the beach--like within a block--or is it likely we will have to walk a few blocks to get there?

3) Are the few shops along the boardwalk open this time of year? Weʻll be bringing some food, but it would be nice to have a back-up option in the event we want a hot dog on the boardwalk.

Thanks in advance!

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
830 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bethany Beach in October

I beleive parking meters are done for the season if I read the paper right last wk. In Behtany you are always near the Beach......the whole town is only a couple blocks wide. A lot of shops probably still open. If not...the mosey up to Rehoboth

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bethany Beach in October
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

Hope you had a great trip! So, any thoughts on what Bethany is like during October? Did you find that there were many stores restaurants open? I'm often asked that question and am interested in your feedback. Thanks!

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
3. Re: Bethany Beach in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Bethany Beach