We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Weekend

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Dewey Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Weekend

HI,

Need some advice...planning a bachelorette weekend in Dewey Beach at end of May. Any 'must do's' or ideas to make it a fun girls weekend? Also recommendation on place to stay for about 10-15 girls?

THanks!

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
106 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

I wouldnt recommend Rehoboth for a Bachlorette weekend. Maybe Dewey depending on your age. Definitely a party town but May is alittle early. Maybe consider Ocean City, MD. Alot more to do, more hotels to choose from, more entertainment, more bars, boardwalk, etc.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Another Vote for Ocean City, Maryland..This may be of interest for your party...

http://seacrets.com/

http://hotel.seacrets.com/

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
1,124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Not sure what your interests are, but here are a few ideas:

You can go parasailing in Dewey Beach...go to the spa in Rehoboth Beach...take a tour of the Dogfish Head Brewery in nearby Milton, DE...tour the Nassau Vineyards in Lewes....tour 16 Mile Brewing Company in Georgetown...catch a live band at the Bottle & Cork in Dewey...

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette Weekend
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

Dewey Beach is one of the most fun places in the world to be on a beautiful sunny afternoon. Favorite places where you'll be sure to soak in the sights, enjoy great drinks and meet other girls/guys:

Go to Taco Toss at the Lighthouse on Friday night - Dewey Tradition

Starboard - anytime is awesome, however, they're especially known for their Suicide Sunday party - a blast. This should tops on your list of places to visit for a bachelorette weekend!!! So fun!!

Nalu - a Hawaiian themed bar - great drinks, good food, fun live music

Rusty Rudder - great sunsets, might want to see which bands are playing - you'll have a great time on Fri/Sat night

Bottle and Cork - Jam Session is every Saturday from 5 - 7ish - DO NOT MISS THIS! 3 cover bands play consecutive sets....the cork is an outdoor venue. the best!

Northbeach - sunday cover bands, cheap drinks, awesome setting

relaxing things to do - spa day at Bad Hair Day in Rehoboth, shopping in downtown RB or at Tanger Outlets (tax-free)

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

I don't have anything against OCMD, and either would suffice, but I'm scratching my head why anyone would suggest Dewey Beach wouldn't work for a bachelorette party. The end of May is basically the greatly anticipated "season opener," so I can't imagine why that wouldn't be a perfect time to be there.

The previous post spells out the "must do's".....I'll agree the Starboard should be front and center on your list, especially for anyone left standing on Sunday morn for their impressive "Bloody Mary" smorgasbord of formidable ingredients.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette Weekend
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

I completely agree, Daddio. My bachelorette party was in Dewey Beach and it was fantastic. I was 28 at the time and it was perfect! Dewey is timeless as is the Bloody Mary bar at the Starboard....

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Dewey is great because you don't have to drive at all from bars, which comes in handy if people want to head out at different times. You can also usually find some reggae at Rusty Rudder during hh. I will second Nassau Vineyard- good wine & great place for a friends photo shoot - picturesque & you could get some great shots of each other or hire someone.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

The new BeachHouse dewey hotel is the cool place to be. Kevin Bacons band playing across the street at Bottle n Cork 5/30. All other hotels are old and not cool

9. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations