We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Dewey Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

We've got it narrowed down to these 2. Thoughts?

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

CaboGirl -

I'm not familiar with either. Just checked both websites, and Sand Palace is about dead center, which puts it closer to Starboard and the Bottle & Cork. BellBuoy is at the south end of town, very close to Ruddertowne.

If you don't care which bars you're closest to, either choice will probably be fine. As I said earlier, everything's within walking distance once you're in the city limits.

Sure hope this rain's over before you go!

Highland, NY
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

I have been going to Dewey Beach for the past three years and will go again at the end of June. I have stayed at the Bellbouy Inn twice. My husband and I liked it because it was 75 yards from the beach, and free parking. It's a not a bad location and the rooms aren't bad either. They are comfy and accomodating but we didn't go here for the room. No pool so that is a downside but we stayed there for the beach. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

I would recommend it. I haven't stayed at the Sand Palace but it's right next to the highway and a tiny bit further from the beach than the Bellbuoy. It just seems to touristy for me. They do have a pool though. The Bellbuoy is a bit quieter especially on the weekdays.

Go for the beach and have a great time. My pick would be the Bellbuoy. Hope this helps.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

Hi Cabo,

We have stayed at the Sand Palace and it really isnt bad for the price. Right across from the Bottle and Cork. The walk to the beach is 100 yars max.

We have also stayed at the Atlantic Oceanside. Also inexpensive and similar to the Sand Palace. Both have pools and great locations.

It does get noisy on the weekends. During the week it is quiet though, so it depends on your taste.

Have fun

bob

4. Re: Sand Palace or BellBuoy Inn??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations