We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Horseheads, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

My wife and I are returning to Lewes in May and we love to go for morning walks on the beach... we were bummed that we couldn't get into the park on the Atlantic side until later in the morning. We were able to go to the fishing pier and walk the bay side. Any suggestions for the Atlantic side?

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
863 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

Seems to me there should be a way. Instead of bearing right into the park entrance....you may be able to keep to the left and find a spot to park and walk over to the shore. Pull up google maps earth view and you will see what i mean

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

Take or rent bikes if it's too far to walk (the park has free bike loaners). You can walk the shoreline from the Fishing Pier to the Point parking lot and from there to the ocean beach, it's really not that far. The sunrises at Lewes beach are nice too.

Horseheads, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

thank you

Horseheads, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

thank you

5. Re: Sunrise Beach walks/Cape Henlopen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Lewes
Recent Conversations