We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
1 post
Save Topic
5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Anyone know of a nice place my family can stay that will welcome our little maltese? He behaves better than any child I know. He weighs 5 lbs and sleeps in his own little bed. He is really well trained and would not be any problem. We like Rehoboth Beach but we're having a hard time finding a place to stay. He goes everywhere with us. He would NEVER be alone in a room. We are looking to stay pretty close to the beach...any ideas? Thanks.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

I'd be very surprised if the dog would be allowed: On the beach, on the boardwalk, in restaurants or in hotels. They do permit dogs on the beach and boardwalk off season, but not during the summer. Think kennel.

Lewes,De
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

The Americana Inn on Airport Rd just off Rt 1 takes well behaved pets. Dogs are not allowed on the BoardWalk or Beach this time of year. However many people walk the dogs thru the crowds on Rehoboth Ave. I have seen dogs with their owners at Arena's Restaurant in the outside seating. It's in a walk thru shopping center Between Rehoboth Ave and Baltimore Ave in the second block.

md
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Try the Corner Cupboard Inn on Park. They have little rooms for dogs and their owners and offer free breakfast. We have two dogs and love Rehoboth so we bought a condo there. No more problems!!

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Arena's has great sandwiches, more beer brands than man can count, and Wednesdays sandwiches are half price. Corner Cupboard is a good place to eat, too. Good luck!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Dewey Beach, the next town south, is dog friendly. They are allowed on the beach in the early morning, before 9:00 and in the evenings, after 5:30. A lifetime Dewey Beach Dog License is required. They are $5 and available at the Dewey Beach Town Hall.

That may not solve your lodging problems, but feel free to take him to Dewey Beach.

Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Just read youir meassage and we are in the same boat. We have adog to bring. did you find a place to stay ocweanfront that was dog ferweindly? We do not know what to do

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

angela....there are hotels in dewey beach that accept dogs...i know the sea esta (of which there are 3, i believe) does, and so do a couple of others. i don't think any are oceanfront, though.

you can google "dog friendly hotels in dewey beach".

i'm hoping someone will suggest realtors to you who may have listing for dog=friendly condos...there ARE a couple ocean front condos in dewey with rentals (wilson dunes for one)...and some condo owners may allow dogs.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

We solved this problem with my mother in laws 2 dogs by finding a rental house that accepts dogs for our week at the beach. There is an extra, non-refundable, pet fee, but we had a great time this way in Dewey Beach. I believe that there are some pet friendly houses in Rehoboth, but you would need to check with a Realtor.

Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

that is excastly what we asre trying to do. Find a rental in dewey beach that accepts dogs, we ar elooking, we hav efound some but are stuilkl looking. We would like to stay uin Dewey. Do you remember where you stayed that was dog freindly?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

The Sleep Inn in Lewes, DE. accepts pets, also the Sea Esta in Dewey Beach...Good Luck...