We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there decent taxi service?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
68 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
is there decent taxi service?

My husband and I are staying at Sea Colony in Bethany for a long weekend. We were hoping to go out in Dewey on Sunday or Monday night after our baby goes to sleep (my mom is with us too - we're not leaving the baby alone!)

However, we would like to drink so we don't want to drive. Is there decent taxi service that won't cost us an arm and a leg? I looked up the Jolly Trolley but it seems to only go from Dewey TO Bethany and very late at night (far later than parents of a 7-month old who have not had much to drink in the last year can stay up!)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there decent taxi service?

This appears to be the major cab company in Rehoboth/Dewey:

CITY CAB INCORPORATED 302-227-8294

I have never used them, and have no idea how much it would be to go from Bethany to Dewey. When are you going to the beach? Entertainment in Dewey is not as frequent during the fall as it is during the summer. Check out

www.deweybeachlife.com and www.thestarboard.com for when some of the seasonal bars close and what entertainment they have.

dctravel

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there decent taxi service?

Many cab services in Ocean City also service the Delaware beaches. But I believe their fares are unregulated once they're outside of the limits of OC (and certainly outside of Maryland), so you'll want to nail down the fare before you get into the cab.

According to the published schedule, the drop charge is $3 and the mileage rate is $2, so the 11-mile ride between Bethany and Dewey should be about $25. Again, nail this down when you arrange for service.

I've used A Beach Taxi and was satisfied, but that was for a trip entirely within OC. Their website specifically advertises coverage in Delaware.

http://www.oceancitymdtaxi.com

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
582 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there decent taxi service?

When you are ready to go home, just let your bartender know, and they will call you a cab. There are a few in the area & they are all the same price.

4. Re: is there decent taxi service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 21:17