We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Sands Hotel?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
PA
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic Sands Hotel?

My mother and I would like to spend a long weekend in April 2010 and we were considering the Atlantic Sands. Has anyone stayed and did you like it? I see it is on the boardwalk - will it be crazy busy in April? Does anyone have any great suggestions for seafood restaurants?

Thanks

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

81 reviews here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34048-d252177-…

Seafood restaurants:

* Lower-end but not chain: Jake's Seafood: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34048-d39… and tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34048-d39… (Two locations, in and out of town).

*Mid-range, Big Fish Grill: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34048-d39…

* Higher end: Fins: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34048-d62…

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

I have never personally stayed at the Sands, but it looks like a nice place. If I had to stay at a hotel in Rehoboth & had no limit on funds---I would probably consider the Sands. I do not think it will be busy in April since it is still technically off-season. If it is around Easter, it might be busier than the other weekends in April, but not too terribly bad. Memorial Day through Labor Day are the peak season times.

For seafood, I would recommend the Big Fish Grill in Rehoboth. We have always had great experiences there. It is usually crowded and noisy. So, if it is upscale dining you are looking for, this might not be the best match. But, if you want good food--it is a great choice. Here is a link to my review with photos:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34048-d3960…

If you were looking for steamed crabs when you said "seafood"--then I would recommend Ed's Crabs in Dewey Beach. They might not be open yet in April--as we usually go after Mother's Day for our 1st visit to Ed's for crabs.

Hope this helps!

PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

Great recommendations by daisy (guess that is why you are the expert). I have been to Big Fish and will return if I am looking for seafood in Rehoboth. One recommendation if you are willing to travel a bit. There is a place call Blue Water in Millsboro, just get in Route 24 off of Rt. 1. Go a number of miles, maybe 15-20, til you get into downtown Millsboro (you will know you are there when the speed limit drops). Make a U-turn in Dairy Queen's parking lot and you will find Blue Water in the next block on your right. Great restaurtant away from the crowds, going there this weekend. Terrific specials.

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

I have stayed there, and it was great!

Even in June when we went, the boardwalk was not crazy with people, the hotel isn't right next to all the amusements and shops, I just saw people walking and such. So don't worry, there were not be crowds of loud people outside your hotel. Rehoboth has one of the best boardwalks, I think, on the north-mid atlantic :D

Hotel wise, it was a great place. The rooms were decorated very nicely and ver clean.

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

The beach may be busy, but not people on the boardwalk non-stop ... sure to be relaxing.

6. Re: Atlantic Sands Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2010, 05:17