We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic

Looking to come to the area in June. I have narrowed my search to 2 places and wanted to see if anyone has an opinion which is better. Have 2 kids 6 & 8.

NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

I chose Avenue inn for our upcoming June trip. Based on the review it seems like a good place, at least I am hoping! We have kids too and it seemed like the best choice for families. I have been to rehoboth before and stayed in a townhouse, so this will be a first for us. I am hoping for the best!

Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

Since the Avenue Inn is in the second block (from the ocean), I imagine it would be slightly quieter. That block is fairly quiet. At the Beach View I would think you would hear folks on the boardwalk during the nighttime, and that block of Wilmington Ave. has more activity than the second block. But if you manage to get a Wilmington Ave-front balcony, the Beach View would have that, if you look right to the east, while the Avenue only looks over the street.

I stay in a beach house in the Pines part of town when I am in RB, so I am just sharing what I know from walking Wilmington Ave. Have never been in either motel.

ny
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

My wife, her sister and I stayed at Beach View last year and planning on going back this year. It's very quiet at night. We were there last July.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

thanks

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
563 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

Those are both good choices, and I recommend both. I usually recommend the Beach View to people with kids because Funland is basically in the parking lot out back. But you can't go wrong with either one. Avenue Inn is probably slightly more upscale.

Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

Where did you stay? How was it?

Pat i

7. Re: Avenue Inn or the Beach View???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 04:15