We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Ashburn, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

We have been going to the Peninsula for a couple of years and staying with family. This last trip we had others with us so opted to rent a unit in the same condo area as my in laws. Was a disaster from the start. When we arrived at Condo the AC was indicating 84 so i turned it down. 2 hours late no AC. When I called Prudential they said I must have done something to freeze it up and to turn it off for 2 hours. 2 HOURS later still no AC. Called back and then waiting 5 more hours for repair guy. All the while Prudential is not apologetic whatsoever. Also the TVs didn't work, lights didn't work, etc. So this is how we spent our first day of vacation. Dealing with stuff that the rental company (Prudential in Lewes, DE) should have checked before we arrived. When we asked them why they don't check they said -- we have over 300 units that we rent out. Again, no sorry for your trouble, what can we do, NOTHING.

Prudential in Lewes is a HORRIBLE representation of a great place to visit. The Peninsula and it's residents need to seriously reconsider using another real estate company to lease out their units.

To really solidify my feelings on them, when i called today to check the status of my $1000 security deposit, the receptionist asked my name and when I told her she laughed and told me --- "Oh we saved your voicemail and play it when we want a laugh" NICE!

Baltimore
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

I have had the same awful experience with Prugallo in Rehoboth. I will never use them again

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

Sorry, but one-off reviews have little to no impact for most TripAdvisor users. You post once to complain (or agree with a complaint), never return to contribute again . . . most of us just blow off that comment in a forum, same as we do when someone posts a negative review and it's their first and last contribution on TripAdvisor.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

Wythany ~ Great reply !!! I agree with you 100%

4. Re: Peninsula - NEVER rent thru Prudential in Lewes, DE! AWFUL!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Rehoboth Beach