We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do They Limit Swimming if Rip Tides from Hurrican IGOR?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Virginia
Level Contributor
129 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Do They Limit Swimming if Rip Tides from Hurrican IGOR?

Do they ever limit or forbid swimming if there are dangerous rip tides from the Hurricane IGOR expected to hit Bermuda this weekend? Was hoping to swim at Rehoboth Beach this weekend.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do They Limit Swimming if Rip Tides from Hurrican IGOR?

sometimes yes, they forbid swimming if it's dangerous.

but i don't even know if there will be any lifeguards TO forbid swimming...

most of the off-season there are none, i don't know if there will be any.

i hope that you are a very experienced ocean swimmer, if you plan to get in, especially if there are no lifeguards. i used to love that when i was young.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do They Limit Swimming if Rip Tides from Hurrican IGOR?

We just have been to OBX, are now in Chincoteague and are coming to DE tomorrow and I can assure you swimming in the ocean in OBX and Chincoteague was not recommended. Red flags all over and nobody was in the water more than 30' from the shore. Don't know how it is in Rehoboth though.

Edited: 21 September 2010, 02:45
3. Re: Do They Limit Swimming if Rip Tides from Hurrican IGOR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 07:40