We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eldersburg, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

I was hoping to go to Rehoboth with my son this summer and have had the hardest time finding accomodations. I've looked at vacation rentals and hotels. At this point I would settle for a hotel that has a separate bedroom for my son and sleeper sofa in the living area for me and my husband. Is there even such a thing in Rehoboth? Does any one know of a hotel with this set-up?

Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

Check out the Atlantic Oceanside-Suites Location...They have suites that are like just what you are looking for ! The motel is in Dewey beach, but the Suites location (2 blocks from the beach) is down the road on Coastal Highway on the border of Dewey/Rehoboth....Good Luck

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

Hi,

If you want a HOTEL in town with these accomodations, check out the Breakers. I know they offer rooms with a separate living room (with pull out sofas). I'm not sure about the other hotels in the area, but I'm sure there have to others that offer this kind of accomodation too.

http://www.thebreakershotel.com/

There are some cottages (Bay Road Cottages) just outside of downtown that offer something similar to what you are looking for. They look like the bare minimum & believe you have to bring some of your own linens (towels & sheets), but IF you want a small cottage at the beach, it might do.

http://www.bayroadcottages.com/

Also I believe Walls Apartments might have something to suit your needs. They look old and probably are not the nicest accomodations. IF you want upscale, this defiantely won't be it, but they are in downtown & within walking distance of the beach.

Hope this helps some. Happy Travels.

Eldersburg, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

Thank you both for your help. I liked the cottage suggestion for future use and I wish the Walls visitors had posted pictures. I think I'm going with the Breakers, it is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks again!

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

Chiming in a little late, but my husband and I stayed in king suites at the Comfort Inn that would meet your needs.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

Traveltime,

I hope the Breakers works out for you. I stayed there once, but it was 14 years ago. So, I'm not sure what it is like now. I hope you have a nice stay there.

I was in town last weekend and took some photos of Walls Apts. from the road (since I didnt stay there). I submitted them to TA, so when they get posted...you can check out what it looks like (at least from the outside).

Happy Travels!

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
72 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

My Wife and I stayed at Best Western Gold Leaf 1400 US Highway One in Dewey Beach in Feb 2011. Don't know if they have suites with separate room or not, but we had a room with 3 double beds. Half a block from the beach. From the top floor you may be able to see the ocean??? Rooms wer recently renovated and upgraded. Clean, new, and modern. Recomeded. Pool on top floor. Off street parking in parking Garage.

We were pleasantly surprised.

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

My Husband and I stayed at the Brighton Suites with our 4 year old 2 years ago. The hotel was not the nicest but it wasn't bad, the rooms seemed to have been redone and the location was ideal. Very close to town and beach. They had a bedroom with two double (or queen, I can't remember) beds and a living room with a pull out sofa. The Breakers is definitly more upscale but if you are looking for a more moderately priced option, Brighton Suites wasn't bad!

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

I was actually thinking of the Broadwalk Plaza when I said it would be more upscale than the Brighton Suites. Now that I've looked at the Breakers, I think Brighton Suites would be comparable. I think Brighton Suites is closer to the beach. Good luck!

9. Re: Hotel with separate bedroom and sleeper sofa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:16