We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Walking trail

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
New Walking trail

Just posting a brief clip and link to an article may be of interest to our hikers..

A new boardwalk and observation deck are going up at Thompson Island Nature Preserve.

The Delaware State Parks property's three-quarter-mile-trail will be widened and improved, and a 130-foot-long boardwalk will be built.

At the end of the trail, an observation deck with railing will feature an additional access area 6 feet over the marsh so people in wheelchairs can enjoy the view.

The preserve has been owned by Delaware State Parks since 2002 and is used by local hikers. It lies between Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach, but the preserve is a tough spot to access because parking is scarce off Bay Road. The project will cost an estimated $300,000, with the money coming from the Federal Recreational Trails program.

…villagesoup.com/news/…222161

Edited: 15 March 2012, 12:41
Pottstown...
Level Contributor
72 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Walking trail

Thanks for the information. We visit often and are always looking for something new to explore.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Walking trail

How thoughtful of the eco-minded construction workers to want to share their McDonalds & Grotto leftovers with the forest creatures...

Yes, thanks for posting. As much as I enjoy these trails (I'm on the J&B trail several times a week), I should be applauding this, but have mixed feelings about this sum being allocated to a trail that is still going to be hard to access parking-wise.

It's just that there are so many essential public services and programs that are struggling under steep funding cuts.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
581 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Walking trail

I'm so excited about this trail. I've been out there several times and come back with mucky shoes. I'm looking forward to the boardwalk! I went a few weeks ago to check on the progress and they hadn't gotten very far. I'm planning to hike it Sunday and hope to see more.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Walking trail

For our hikers …villagesoup.com/news/…801108 A 900+ acre forest is being restored to it's natural way near Milton. Over 10 miles of walking trails.

5. Re: New Walking trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:40