We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend accomodations

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Virginia
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend accomodations

I'm planning a trip to Bethany/Rehoboth for July 12-19. I used to go every year as a kid and stay at Sea Colony but that's the extent of my knowledge of the area.

I have 4 kids (10, 8, 2, infant) so I want a condo (or something) with a pool and very close to the beach. We won't be able to walk far.

Any suggestions? Or just a starting point?

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend accomodations

I'd say Sea Colony is still your best bet. Not many condos on the Delaware beaches have their own pools. If you don't want the Sea Colony high-rise oceanside condos, you could rent one of the villas that have been built (possibly) since you last visited. Though they're on the west side of Route 1, they do have nearby pools plus other kid attractions. And you can take the free shuttle to the beach.

If you really want a beach block condo with pool, you need the help of a realtor, especially this late in the game. Here's a site that has dozens of links: beach-net.com/beach-real-estate/delaware-bea…

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend accomodations

IF you are interested in Rehoboth, here are a few more options:

Star of the Sea Condos in Rehoboth is beachfront/boardwalk front & has a heated outdoor pool.

One Virginia Avenue in Rehoboth is also beach/boardwalk front & has a pool

http://www.staroftheseade.com/amenities/

http://www.onevirginiaavenue.com/

Hope this helps some!!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend accomodations
Delaware Tourism Office What's this?

There are many rentals available in the beach area. Try this site which has links to many of the rental companies. http://www.visitdelaware.com/beaches/

Enjoy your stay!

Content provided by Delaware Tourism Office: visitdelaware.com
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend accomodations

You might want to rent a house or condo in North Shores. Private, quiet area with community pool and private beach. Best location in Rehoboth. It is expensive though.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
634 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend accomodations

A lot depends on your budget. I would recommend starting with a realtor. You can peruse their websites to see what's available in your price range. The Cottages at Indian River Marina are an economical way to go... and are exactly half way between Bethany and Rehoboth.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend accomodations

The Henelopen Condo is a convenient spot on the boardwalk. Note, not the Henelopen Hotel as they are very different.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
634 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend accomodations

The Atlantic Sands is one of our nicest hotels in town, and they just redid their pool. They also own several condos and cottages and houses around town. It might be worth giving them a call. Maybe if you stay in one of the condos, you may be able to use the hotel pool.

8. Re: Recommend accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:15