We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverfront Blues festival

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Riverfront Blues festival

Going to the Riverfront Blues Festival and looking for places around that area to go for dinner - any suggestions?

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverfront Blues festival

I like Firestone on the riverfront. Their pizza is amazing!! Also their cornbread appetizer and smores desserts should not be missed. BIg Fish on the Riverfront is OK...I like their Rehoboth location better, but basically the same menu. I usually get the chicken, but my husband gets their seafood. Timothy's on the riverfront by the shipyard shops is good too. We have eaten there several times and always had good pub food. A lot of people like Harry's Seafood Grill on the riverfront, but it is expensive. We have yet to eat there. On the riverfront there is also Joe's crab Shack and Iron Hill Brewery. I havent been to either of those, but know they are there. Just across from the riverfront is Kooma (sushi). So it is close enough to walk if that interests you. There is an ice cream shop down on the Riverfront too (Molly's) if you want to get a cone after dinner.

IF you don't mind driving a short distance--Cosmo's Diner on Maryland Avenue is really good diner food at decent prices. I always feel like I got a home cooked meal. They serve real roasted turkey--I believe they roast every day. The hot turkey sandwich is one of my favorite comfort foods they serve. Their sweet potato fries are good too! My husband likes their hot roast beef and their gyros. Sometimes he gets their seafood special of the day.

Hope this helps some!

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverfront Blues festival

Helps a lot, thanks.

My friends wanted to try Big Fish but I was hoping to give them a better suggestion - not that it may not be nice, but it is somewhere I can go at home.

The diner sounds good - we will have a car so no problem there.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverfront Blues festival

cate, Just to clarify. Big Fish Grill has no sites in MD, so unless you mean you can go to the Rehoboth location when you're "at home" in Maryland, you may be thinking of a similarly named chain. I think there's one called BoneFish. Don't know if it has a Baltimore location.

Big Fish Grill started in Rehoboth, and now has two other locations, one at the Riverfront in DE and one in PA just north of the Delaware line. All three feature incredibly fresh seafood, primarily finfish but some shellfish, too.

But then, if you're thinking a diner is what you want, probably none of the restaurants at the Riverfront are right.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverfront Blues festival

Well... hope you had a good time at the Blues Fest. Even a diner would have better food than they served there.

TG

5. Re: Riverfront Blues festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 03:17