We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Washington DC
11 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

'm catching a Frontier airlines flight, which is just starting service in New Castle (ILG) Airport this July. I am arriving via Amtrak. Google tells me their is bus service from the Wilmington Amtrak station to very close to the airport. How reliable is the bus?

Google shows it's a 8 mile car ride, so I assume a taxi is viable alternative. Any idea what the fare would cost?

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

You can catch a bus at the Amtrak station, but I think you'd have to make a transfer at Rodney Square (a dozen or so blocks from the train station). And then the bus would take you to Airport Plaza, which is a strip shopping center and not the airport itself. Walking from the shopping center to the airport is not advisable.

Taxi: Sorry I don't know about Wilmington taxis. I know there's a Yellow Cab - (302) 658-4340 but don't know anything about cost or reliability.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

Take a cab

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

As you said service is just starting (again) from this airport. Please let us know your experience with this. Thank you

Delaware
Level Contributor
140 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

Cab would be your safest and Yellow Cab as mentioned above is huge here. I would not recommend using the DART bus. I believe the cabs charge about $3 per mile and they start their meters at $3. You are probably looking at about $30ish. They can tell you if you call them.

5. Re: Best way to get from Amtrak station to New Castle airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:17