We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need hotel recommendations

long island, new...
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need hotel recommendations

I was hoping someone could recommend some good hotels. We will be traveling in March with my son's college team for spring training, most of our time will be spend on the field ( not sure even where they play) but would like to be in a nice hotel on the beach for some down time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need hotel recommendations

I can think of two nice beachfront hotels in that area- one is on the north end of Boca in Highland Beach- the Holiday Inn and the other is just south of the Boca line in Deerfield Beach - the Embassy Suites , which has just had a fantastic remodel. If you can get some idea of where the team will play ( would it be on another college's field like Florida Atlantic or Lynn University? I have no idea-) but that might make it easier to suggest a lodging choice.

Most of the hotels in Boca are not on the beach.

long island, new...
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: need hotel recommendations

thanks LuLu, I'm not sure where they play yet,

but I know the team stays at the Embassy Suites. I've heard talk about the Best Western University Inn, and thoughts on that one.

Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need hotel recommendations

You can also try the Hilton Deerfield Beach - it's recently renovated just not on the beach (it's on I-95 at Hillsboro Blvd).

I know they too have teams that stay there and if your team is playing FAU, you're about 3 miles from campus where they typically play.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need hotel recommendations

There's also a Howard Johnson's that not bad at all on the beach (well, directly across the street with nothing in front of it but an access road. It's 3 mins. by car from the Embassy Suites or about a 15 min. walk.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34176-d84373-R…

long island, new...
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: need hotel recommendations

So I just found out they play at Lynn University. I'm looking for a hotel near that college and would love to be on the beach. Any suggetions??

thanks!!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need hotel recommendations

Anything near Lynn University would not be near the beach as they are located on Military Trail, which runs north and south just west of I-95 ( if you have a map at your disposal.) If you really want to be on the beach , I think any of the suggestions I see here already , from me and others would work- the Holiday Inn in Deerfield Beach which will be just north of you or the Embassy Suites or Howard Johnson ( haven't stayed in HJ , but have been inside the lobby and it seems nicer than most HJ's and right on the beach) both south of Boca by just a few blocks. I really know of no hotel in Boca on the beach- The very expensive Boca Raton resort has been remodeling their beach club east of the actual hotel, but I think that is still going on and the place costs a fortune.

The Bridge Hotel is next door to that but I don't think they have any access to the beach.

The Best Western University that you mentioned is on the main highway and claims it is a mile from the beach and probably is as the crow flies, but you would have to drive north or south of it some distance to get to a road that goes east to the beach area. It's a budget choice , but more for business travellers than beach worshippers I would think. Sort of your typical older Best Western- I think there is some remodelling going on there, but not sure how much or how long. Closer to Lynn University I think you would have your typical chain hotels at the I-95 exits- nothing really particularly worth mentioning and even further from the beach. I guess it depends on what you wish to spend- March is generally still high season as far as hotel prices ,but the economy may cause some bargains to be had. I would search the Holiday Inn, Highland Beach and the Howard Johnson and Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach and if those prices are out of your range , you may have to settle for an off beach hotel. There is a Comfort Inn on thebeach in Deerfield Beach as well, but I'm thinking it might be shabby- you might look for reviews of that as well.

long island, new...
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: need hotel recommendations

thanks so much for the suggestions. I have some homework to do now.

8. Re: need hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 07:21