We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need new idea for the Boca area

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
290 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Need new idea for the Boca area

Our kids are 13 and 10, and we've been traveling there since they were infants. We have visited historical sites, nature centers, parks, playgrounds, museums, malls, amusement areas, taken boat rides, hot spring training (which we would do again, but we'll be down just after that ends, in April), etc. We've gone as far north as Jupiter for day trips and as far south as Miami Beach. We have more to explore in the Miami area, but I don't think we'll be going that far this trip. We've spent a lot of time in Delray Beach as well.

We spend relaxing time hanging by the pool or hitting golf balls, but we do like to explore a little, too. I realize I'm not being specific re the things we HAVE done (because we have done A LOT over the years), but I'm wondering if anyone has any specific ideas of off the beaten track things, or otherwise, which we may not have done (although I have looked into a lot of "off the beaten track" things over the years, too)...or perhaps new things.

Also, I have been curious about the Boca Raton Trolley tours given by the Historical Society. Has anyone taken these? This is the first year in many when we'll be there during a tour week..although they may be sold out already....

THANKS!

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need new idea for the Boca area

Try Hollywood Beach; take I-95 south and exit at Sheridan Street, and head east. There are two areas: north of Sheridan Street and south of it. North is more "wild": dunes, palm trees, and less people (and no restaurants). Great for swimming, snorkeling, throwing the ball around, and relaxing. Kids can run around, and it's much more "private." South of Sheridan street is the Broadwalk, where you can rent bikes (like those great four seaters which the kids love) and cruise up and down paved walkway, buy ice cream or italian ice at small vendors, and have lunch at a number of cute cafes. There are great pizza places, as well (thin crust, perfect after a day of swimming and jumping waves). In my opinion, if you haven't spent a day on Hollywood Beach - especially the quaint Broadwalk, you really should try it!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need new idea for the Boca area

Lots to do in Miami - vizcaya, parrot jungle, seaquarim. Also Everglades Nat'l Park. We enjoy day trips to Sanibel Island on the west coast.

3. Re: Need new idea for the Boca area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 07:18