We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boca with Kids over 4th of July

Wheeling, WV
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Boca with Kids over 4th of July

I am leaving on Wednesday to drive down to Boca Raton for 4 dyas. We will arrive on the 2nd and stay until the 5th. We are staying in the Springhill Suites. I am coming to visit friends and have my mom and my 3 and 9 year old kids with me. Can anyone recommend things to do? The friends we are visiting have only lived there for a year so I don't know if they have anything planned. I have read a lot about Red Reef Park and would love to take my kids there to snorkel. We are leaving there on the 5th to go to Sanibel for 7 days.

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
255 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boca with Kids over 4th of July

Check out Gumbo Limbo Nature Center on A1A. Kind of a outdoor petting zoo for sea creatures. It's gonna be hot so keep that in mind always. The mid day sun can be hard on the kids. Spanish River Park is right next to Gumbo Limbo and that will be a nice place to picnic and hit the beach. Look into Splash Adventure at Quiet Waters Park. You may also enjoy walking around Morikami in Delray. There's also a small zoo in West Palm Beach that's great for little one's. Lastly, you may want to drive to Lion Country Safari. Everything I mentioned is on the web. Enjoy!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boca with Kids over 4th of July

Red Reef Park is a great beach to visit for snorkeling. There are usually lots of fish & sea critters around the rocks & coral.

While there you may want to also visit the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center as it is right across the street. The boardwalk may not thrill the kids, but the tanks and exhibits are interesting & entertaining.

Another place the kids will have fun is Coconut Cove Waterpark. They have a large playground-pool area for smaller kids and slides & activities for older ones.

Also in the same park area is the Daggerwing Nature Center. Possibly a bit more kid-centric than Gumbo Limbo.

If you want to go to a park, Sugar Sand Park has a large playground area & carousel to keep both kids going for a while.

Just remember while going to all these places, use sun-safe practices and keep applying high-SPF sunscreen to exposed skin. Also be sure to pack snack & drinks in a cooler so you and the children don't get dehydrated, hot & tired.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boca with Kids over 4th of July

Would definately do Lion Country Safari over Palm Beach Zoo. Also consider Butterfly world or a air boat/swamp tour.

4. Re: Boca with Kids over 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Boca Raton