We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

My hubby and I visit Florida every March for a week for spring training. Last year we went further south than we normally do and fell in love with Boca Raton. We'd like to stay in Boca Raton this year if we can find reasonable lodging (we're both retired and on a fixed income, so we're always looking out for reasonable rates for lodging ... as long as the place is clean and in a safe area, we're happy ... we don't need a lot of amenities or glam ... besides, if we save enough, we can afford to stay a day or two longer).

Doing a search in tripadvisor for Boca Raton lodging, I discovered the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. It seems to get decent reviews and is rated fairly highly. I was hoping that someone could confirm that it's in a safe area. Thanks so much for your help.

Now to go search posts for Boca Raton restaurant recommendations. ;-)

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
270 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

The area is nice. I used to live just up the street. Spanish river park is walkable. Gary woo Chinese food - fau campus just south to glades. Area great. Might also like a little further north to delray beach and atlantic ave. South to Deerfield beach ( those are my 2 fav beaches in the area).

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

Thanks for the advice.

Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

The area is fine but the hotel is not great. It is like a motel. I stayed there a few times because in season the rates can be super high everywhere else. I don't know how this place got such a good review. The rooms are old and dreary plus you enter from the outside. If you are near a room by the road it is so noisy.There are better hotels on Glades by the mall I would pick over this.

4. Re: Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 10:19