We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean view restaurants

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean view restaurants

I'm trying to find a restaurant that at least has an ocean view in or near Boca Raton. I'm not having much luck - any ideas?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean view restaurants

I haven't been there in a year or two but I'm pretty sure there is still a marvelous reatuarnt at the Holiday Inn in Highland Beach, FL which is at the north end of Boca Raton. It is actually separately owned by folks who lease the space from the Holiday Inn and the food ( mainly seafood) and the view are fabulous. I believe they have a nice Sunday Brunch also. I was just discussing the spot recently with a friend who has been there fairly recently so I think it still exists.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean view restaurants

Here's an excert from a recent review on the (small) Highland Beach Forum:

The restaurant on the Holiday Inn property was out of this world. It is so popular that locals come here for lunch and overflow the parking lot. Not only is the restaurant on the water, but the food is amazing. I am very picky when it comes to food and every meal onsite blew us away.

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean view restaurants

Try Deerfield Beach, borders Boca to the south; there are several restaurants right on the beach. Off the top of my head I can only remember JB's On The Water - inside restaurant and outside seating with a bar.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
147 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean view restaurants

We always enjoyed Seawatch restaurant in Pompano Beach when we lived in Boca. It's south of Boca but definitely worth the drive. It's right on the beach, and if you're lucky enough to be seated near a window, you'll have a terrific view.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean view restaurants

JB's is nice -- and right on the beach -- in Deerfield (http://www.jbsonthebeach.com/) .

There's also Ocean's 234 (http://www.oceans234.com/)

Fortunately, Boca Raton passed an ordinance early on that there was to be no further development east of A1A to keep the beaches as pristine as possible.