We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is beach from Marriott Springhill Suites, 8th Ave?

Braselton, Georgia
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How far is beach from Marriott Springhill Suites, 8th Ave?

I will be tagging along on my husband's business trip (Ft. Lauderdale, then Boca Raton, then Miami). Have never been to this part of FL and will be on my own during the day. Is there public transportation from the hotel area to beaches or will I need a car? Also will need a shady place on the beach or chair and umbrella rental. Suggestions?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is beach from Marriott Springhill Suites, 8th Ave?

You'll want transportation to get from Springhill to any beach. Your first choice should be any shuttle that the hotel may provide. Our beaches are a top destination for guests and tourists, so a van/bus may be available.

The next choice, should be a public bus. You will be able to find a stop in the Yamato Rd Tri-rail station across Yamato Rd from your hotel. Do be very careful crossing the very busy street. You should be able to find a bus to take you to Town Center Mall Transfer Station, and you can transfer to a bus that has A1A/beach route.

If you need a chair and umbrella rental, I think your best bet would be visiting Deerfield Beach & pier. Deerfield beach is very popular and busy. It also has shops and vending machines nearby should you need supplies.

If you rent a car, you will need plenty of money to visit any of the Boca beaches (bring your own supplies & plan on spending entire day to get your moneys worth). But if you visit Delray or Deerfield beaches you just need a handful of quarters to feed to meters (unless both/either have changed metered parking, again).

Good luck, enjoy your trip, practice sun safety (apply SPF 30+ every hour & after swimming). :)

2. Re: How far is beach from Marriott Springhill Suites, 8th Ave?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:17