We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

Ontario
Level Contributor
466 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

DH is heading to Bonita Springs the first week of December for work so I'm going to tag along with our 8 month old son.

His work will put us up in a Hotel of our choice as long as it's "reasonably" priced. Can someone please suggest somewhere that would be nice for us to stay that's sort of middle ground in regards to pricing.

An ideal hotel would have the following:

- outdoor pool with nice area for lounging

- safe, nice area for walking with a baby in a stroller

- if possible a mini suite with a separate room to put baby in

- breakfast included in price if possible

- easy to access restaurants and entertainment

Also, can you suggest some nice restaurants to try. Somewhere that is nice but not too expensive and somewhere where a baby wouldn't be too out of place, but a steop up from your average Perkin's.

Lastly, are there any cool places to visit or things to do while in the area? We will have a car. Whatever we do needs to be baby-friendly. Maybe a cool exhibit or boat ride, or museum, or something.

Thanks.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

Bonita Springs is about 5 to 8 miles from the Naples area. There's a Best Western at exit 107 off I-75 that offers a free hot breakfast. It also has a heated pool and spa. They also have rooms with a full kitchen. And of course all hotels nowadays have free internet.

To get an idea of what else is available, go to www.roomsaver.com and www.travelcoupons.com. Remember though, the prices you see there are walk-up rates. The reservation rate will be higher.

All of the Bonita Spgs/Naples areas should be safe for taking baby for a walk in the day.

You might want to visit Bonita Beach - that's the name of the barrier island immediately West of Bonita Spgs - to enjoy the sunsets.

There should be an abundance of family style restaurants available. You just have to drive around and look.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

Try Coconut Point

5001 Coconut Road,

Bonita Springs, Florida

Tel: +1 239 444 1234

coconutpoint.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Pools, tennis and fitness center on site and you are just a couple miles from Coconut Point Mall where you will find dozens of shops and restaurants

http://www.bonitaspringsonline.com/shop.htm

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

Hyatt Coconut Point is a very nice place for lodging, its located in Estero but the price is gonna be higher than your employer is gonna spend, I think but I could be wrong, ya never know for sure & remember, you are at the beginning of high season here in Bonita.

You can try this place which I can recommend:

http://www.trianon.com/bonitabay.html

As far as restaurants go, there are many but do a research as there are to many to recommend or look at older posts bout lodging or restaurants, Bonita isn't a small town but it does go to sleep at 9:00 at night:

http://www.bonitaspringsonline.com/dine.htm

You can come back to the message forum & ask questions bout this place & so-on so we can provide you with our opinions, don't be shy, we are here to help ya's.

Ontario
Level Contributor
466 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

Thanks for all the replies so far. I've done some research and here's what I'm considering. Please feel free to offer opinions on my choices:

hotel: In at the Springs - looking at a 1 bedroom suite so baby does not have to sleep in same room as us.

restaurants:

breakfast: eat at hotel most days for free, maybe one day try Skillets restaurant.

dinner: A Table Apart and Carrabba's

and maybe Dolly's Produce Patch at some point

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

The End of the Springs is a good choice, I don't have any experience with them other than I do know they receive good remarks. Can't beat having breakfast at the Hotel for free, we keep saying, one day we are going to try Skillets Restaurant but haven't done so yet, we do hear that their food is pretty good & at reasonable prices, they are located in the strip mall off of Bonita Beach Road. Their breakfast is really good but can't remark bout lunch & dinner other than other people we know who have.

A Table Apart is excellent, good staff, good portions & little expensive but again we haven't tried it but know they get great reviews, there are so many good restaurants on Bonita Beach Road. Ifni you like fresh fish we recommend the Fish House Restaurant, reasonably priced, good staff, Doc's Beach House is located right at Bonita Beach, good staff, very reasonable priced. Terri's Summer Breeze Café is our place for breakfast! Located in the shopping Center by K-Mart off of US 41 & Bonita Beach Road. Best food in town, nice portions, reasonable & great staff, their lunch is very good to & dinner is a hit, us locals are good people!

Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant is great, expensive, located within the Promenade of US 41 going North from Bonita Beach Road. Pincher's Crab Shack is another recommendation, good food, great staff, located on US 41 just South from Bonita Beach Road. Carrabba's Italian Grill is a chain but they do have good food but again, there are way to many local restaurants to try, your choice.

Dolly's is good place for breakfast again, lunch is good also, great prices as well as staff, good portions. They do have fresh produce at the restaurant. Pat & Deb's Café is also recommended, located across from Bonita Beach, prices are great.

We just ate at Big Hickory's Seafood Grille & Marina last night for our 37 Anniversary, expensive, great staff & Chef. We had two lobster dinners, 2nd one half priced with an appetizer of Scallops for $42.00, yum! Located down past Bonita Beach just before the bridge on Hickory Blvd to the right.

Rodes Fish Market & Restaurant is another good place to dine, we buy our fish there & never encountered a bone yet, located across from the miniature golf place on Bonita Beach Road. Ifin you like "authentic" Mexican food, try El Paisano Mexican Restaurant, located on West Terry Street just before Old 41, very reasonably priced, good portions. Not much English speaking but they try, always try to make your visit nice, try their Guacamole dip, you won't believe how good it is!

Hope this info helps ya a little & ifin you have more questions, please ask!

6. Re: Advice for a short trip to Bonita Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Bonita Springs
Recent Conversations