We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to Do?

Madison, Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to Do?

We want to spend about 2 weeks in FL next winter. We are looking for advice on where to go. We like the beach but like things to do....i.e. shopping, dining, etc. Please advise.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to Do?

Will you be spending all 2 weeks on Anna Maria Island or are you staying other places?

Lots to do here...FL is a big state.

www.sarasotafl.org

~SRQgirl

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to Do?

Bradenton Beach is one of three beach areas on anna Maria island, so I would ask questions on the mainf forum for more eyes. This is a fab area, but I think you posted a budget on the other thread you have going that may not get you 2 bedrroms there (was it $1000 per week). you might get somethig a walk from the beach or just over the mainland.

There is a lot of dining choices, some shopping (and further shopping on the mainland and south in the Sarasota area). This is a really wonderplace in florida to visit. Mostly weekly (or even monthly rentals) here so you could do a week here and a week elsewhere if you liked- but if you find something in budget I might say to stay put.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to Do?

You can do just about any water sport. Biking. Walking. Lots of good places to eat. Bird watching. Cute little shops to browse. Good ice cream. BArs on the beach. Closer to Sarasota is Mote Aquarium, then St. Armand's for shopping. Nearby is the Ellenton Outlet Mall. Also Sarasota Ringling Museum (free on Monday for art museum). Nature preserves, boat rides.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to Do?

What are some fun things to do and good places to eat in Bradenton?

5. Re: Things to Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach