We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Can anyone tell me of any 1 bedroom or studio rentals that are on, or very close to the beach ? I'd like to be able to walk to the Beach House Rest & Gulf Drive Cafe.I know about the free shuttle, but walking down the beach would be great.

Thanks !

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Queen's Gate is in that area. Not sure of new name, but Tropic Inn is close enough to walk. Tortuga, Tradewinds. Plenty of others, I am sure. Basically, anything with an address of Bradenton Beach would be walkable. When a friend visited, they stayed at Bamboo apartments and walked. Umbrella Beach Resort also, and Sailfish in the same area.

Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Thank you ! After reading this forum, it seems like Brad. beach is the area I'd like the best.I wish I could afford LaCosta, but with airfare prices up, I'm trying to find something a little cheaper, & I might not get a rental car.Any advice on decent prices on a shuttle service from Sarasota, Tampa or Ft. Myers airports ?I really can't afford a trip this year, but somehow I'm going to make it happen ! We stayed in Siesta Key last May & made a day trip to AMI & loved it !!!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

I think Queens Gate is your best bet and it is a really nice little place, we have stayed there many times over the years. They have a great pool area and just a short skip across the street to the beach, the prices are good too. I you cant get in there also try Silver Surf Resort they have motel like rooms, pretty good rates and is a good choice. Have fun.

I also like Bradenton Beach area because if you decide to stay some where later than the trolley runs you can walk back....had to do it many times.

Conshohocken...
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Club Bamboo Resorts has studio beachfront units with kitchen, pool & balcony.

Haven't used a shuttle service from airpor yett, but check out Dolphin Limosine. If you decide to shuttle from airport, please let me know how it is. We usually rent a car, but have considered a shuttle in order to save money.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

We have used Dolphin Limousines a few times. They were easy to work with and were always on time for arrivals and departures. AMI Island Taxi also has flat rates to and from the airports, but we have not used them yet.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,084 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

There wont be anything cheap to the island from Ft myers- it is too far and a rental would probably be cheaper if you fly int here so take that into acct when looking at fares.

Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Thanks everyone, for all your suggestions. I usually split the cost of vacation with a friend, but she can't go this year, so I'm trying to keep costs down, as much as possible.Great advice & I'm sure I'll find something affordable.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

You could also look at Pelicon Post, at the end of Bridge Street ., nice little place and budget friendly.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

I would seriously look at Club Bamboo. All studio units, all facing the beach with heated pool facing the beach. Clean, well kept up property that was recently redone. Staying here now.

Burton, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Studio or 1 bed rentals on/near beach.

Thank you for all your ideas. I'll check them out.Has anyone rented through rentalo ? I know alot of people suggest vacation rentals on TA or VRBO, which I've been checking.I might have to stay in Holmes beach, or not right on the beach.Once you stay at a place, where you can walk right out on the sand & have that beautiful view, you get spoiled.Like RustyKat says,it doesn't matter where you stay, you're on the island & in the area & it's all good.I think I need to stop being so picky & just book something.It's not like you spend that much time inside anyway.

Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach