We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

Colonia,NJ
Level Contributor
126 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

We are planning a trip to AMI in March. Our first time to the island.

I hear great things about it and looking forward to some R&R.

The Bungalow Beach looks very quaint and quiet. Tortuga also looks very nice. Any opinions out there! I can use some help.

Some of the reviews for BBR make reference to it not being clean. How about location? Is one better then the other. Love the beach!!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

I would avoid the Bungalow Beach Resort:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29166-i8338-k5376…

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

Yes I read they filed for chapter 11 protection two days before it was to go to foreclosure sale in July. Fifth Third was awarded a 4.5 mil foreclosure judgement in April last year. They list 1.4 mil in assets but 7.3 mil in debts. I guess the reviews reflect the possible inability to keep the property in good repair? Some of the pics from this summer on trip advisor were pretty scary

Colonia,NJ
Level Contributor
126 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

Thanks for the info. I will stay away from BBR. How about Tradewinds? Looks to get good reviews. Or any other suggestions??

Thanks

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

We just stayed at Tortuga Inn over Christmas and it was perfect! the location is great, you can walk to restaurants and shops and even to Bridge Street. The people at the desk were so helpful when we checked in and really gave us a lot of good information. Our apartment -Gardens # 267, was big and clean and well appointed. The view over the bay was lovely. I would recommend Tortuga Inn to anyone!

Colonia,NJ
Level Contributor
126 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

Thanks for the reply. It helps!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

It's unfortuante about Bungalow Beach Resort because it is an awesome place, right on the beach, cute cottages and very "Old Florida" feel. I have been meaning to stop in to see exactly what the condition is, we have heard good and bad reports. I'm afarid that I would shy away from it for the time being.

Tortuga is a great choice, they also own Tradewinds, Tropic Isle and SeaSide Inn. If you like the cottage feel you should take a look at Tradewinds, they have some really cute cottages and I love their pool area. I also like Tropic Isle, it's a smaller complex but newly refurbished and has a very tropical feel.

Level Contributor
148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

I agree....we stayed at the Tradewinds cottages last year and are going back this year....very well kept up...laid back....is both on the gulf (across

the street, very short walk) and the bay side....pretty cool. Pool...we really

like lower keyed places, cottagy...very clean....etc. Try it...

Tampa
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

I have stayed at Bungalow Beach Resort several times, the latest being May of 2012. It is a quaint, quiet place. Not fancy, but nice little bungalows. The beach is nice there. They have private lounge chairs with umbrellas and an area with grills which we enjoyed using 2 nights. The units were clean and housekeeping service was good. The grounds were well kept. They have a small pool, but it was clean and adequate to sun yourself and cool off. It is a bit expensive, but I think their rates are in line with everyone else in the area. Unless it has really gone downhill, I would stay there again.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

Another suggestion would be AMI Inn on 22nd. This resort is owned by the same owner of Tortuga. The resort is directly on the beach :)

Have fun

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tortuga Inn or Bungalow beach resort??

I stayed at Tradewinds in April 2012, and loved it. One of the few places on the island that has pet friendly lodging. Very quaint, clean, quiet, and just a walk across the street to the beach, which is also next to Tortuga. .

Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach