We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

Hi,

I am considering booking Cedar Cove, the Sandcastle Penthouse with a Gulf view.

Just wondering where nearest shops, restaurants etc would be?

Have been offered the Mermaid suite without a Gulf view (less money). Has anyone stayed there?

I'm thinking it might be worth the extra money for a better view. Would I be right?

Oh, I'm also looking at the Tradewinds Resort but have been offered a room with a Bay view, not a Gulf view - think that looking out to the Gulf would be more spectacular but no idea as I've never been there! Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

You really cant beat a gulf view, it doesn't get any better than that if it fits into your budget. I have stayed in both suites at Cedar Cove and if given the choice I would pick the Penthouse, it is much larger and of course there is that view. Cedar Cove is a fun place with lots of foliage, little chairs and tables spread around the property and a great tiki hut where everyone goes for happy hour and sunset. Eric and his partner are wonderful host and will take good care of you.

Tradeswinds is also a nice property, they have individual little cottages and each are a bit different. The pool area in the back is wonderful, right on the bay. They are all one story so I don't think you will get much of a view but the beach is across the street and again, the pool is a plus that Cedar Cove does not have.

Both are great choices, both are located around the same area which is a great area to walk to places or ride the trolley that stops in front of the property. It's a hard decision but for me, I always go for being right on the beach. Hope this helps.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

Thank you so much.

Think it will be Cedar Cove for that Gulf view.

Do you know where the trolley bus stops and if there are any shops or cafes within walking distance?

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

Trolley stop is at the property right next door on the corner of gulf and 27th st. Very short walk, maybe 75 yards? Then a quick trip south to Bridge st and shops and restaurants. Or go north to holmes beach area. Not very far on trolley to Publix and Walgreens to the north, maybe a little over half a mile or so if you walk.

Google map it and it can give you a good idea of distance. Street view is very helpful to get a feel for the area.

4. Re: Cedar Cove Anna Maria Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach