We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Level Contributor
729 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Have searched back to beginning of 2012 and see nothing related. We will be renting a condo in BB apparently without internet. Supposed to have cable and telephone via large local provider. I really don't want to interfere with the provided service but need capable, secured internet connection. Realtor seemed puzzled and said something about "hotspot." I have no clue what that meant. We use FIOS here in whole house network. I will call them but I do not know about their local capabilities. This can't be an unusual need. Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Verizon has a presence in Florida -- verizonwireless.com/b2c/…

A hotspot is a small device that connects to the wireless (phone) network and creates an internet access point.

Talk to your Verizon provider at home -- you should be able to purchase one of these devices near where you live.

If the owner doesn't already have it, I'm not seeing them having it installed.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Find out who the cable provider is and ask them how much they will charge to add Internet for the months you're there.

But first check that there isn't a kind neighbour who is offering free wireless Internet.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 00:31
Level Contributor
729 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Thanks! I'll call Verizon and see what they have to say. I'm getting the vibe that the less I ask the realtor, the happier they are. Funny once they get a contract and a check.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Because their job is not to have internet installed for customers -- their job is to find people to rent the properties.

If I were a property owner, I don't know that I'd go to the extra expense of having wi-fi installed in my property, either.

AMI
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Well, as a property owner I'll say it's almost a requirement for short term rentals. I can not think of one of our renters who did not inquire about or not need high speed wifi.

But I would imagine that it could be quite different for long term rentals.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 16:42
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,219 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Wi-fi has become a normal requirement now just like color tv was way back when.

United States
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

I wouldn't rent a place without wifi! I agree it just about has to be a requirement for owners these days. That is, if they care much about keeping their place rented.

AMI
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

Well, as a property owner I'll say it's almost a requirement for short term rentals. I can not think of one of our renters who did not inquire about or need high speed wifi.

But I would imagine that it would quite different for long term rentals.

Edited: 10 August 2014, 18:54
United States
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

It may be the job of the realty company to find people to rent their properties, but ours on AMI did have wifi installed for us when we were disapointed that it was not in the house. That's what a good rental company does, besides finding renters for their properties!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Temporary (multi-month) Internet Access in Bradenton Beach

When we needed it for a month rental the owner had it installed. I do think if a rental company wants a good rep and repeat clients helping any way they can is the way to go.

Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach