We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

Indiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

We are being dropped off for about 7 hours to lay on the beach and hang out while my parents go to Kennedy Space Center (we've already been). Since we won't have transportation, is there something we can do if we get bored laying on the beach, or the weather is bad? Is the restaurant "Grills" in walking distance? I hear that it is good.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,775 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

There are some good restaurants inside the Port, but they are a couple of miles and would be a pretty long walk. I don't know if the Ron Jon Resort has anything inside it, but that would be the only thing that would be fairly close to Jetty Park other than the snack bar.

Indiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

That is very helpful - thank you. I will see if we can eat lunch before we get dropped off.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

Ron Jons Resort is right next door with 2 places to eat including 1 poolside. About a 1/2 mile walk is Portside Galley which is like a diner and JP has a pretty good snack bar.

If you will be in the Florida sun for 7 hours be careful of your skin.

JP is my favorite beach with much to see and do. Also to the South is the pier. Its a healthy walk but doable!

Preston

4. Re: Walking Distance from Jetty Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral