We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy Space Center

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kennedy Space Center

Has anyone (adults) ever done the astronaut training kennedyspacecenter.com/astronaut-training-ex… we are going around thanksgiving

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennedy Space Center

I have never done it but can only report very positive results.

Preston

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennedy Space Center

If you are interested, I certainly would go for it. I have done a similar thing at a Challenger Center simulator in Bloomington, and found that many adults participate. In fact, some corporations use the experience as a team-building exercise for employees.

The one at the KSC may be more elaborate, but my experience involved some participants at the consoles of mission control, and some in the mock-up cockpit of the shuttle orbiter as we moved towards launch. We had a training session beforehand, and everybody had to work together as the countdown progressed, lights flashed, and buttons had to be pressed in the correct order as we communicated over headsets. It was very realistic and was enjoyed by all ages.

I have also heard good things about the KSC program. Have fun!

3. Re: Kennedy Space Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 05:18