We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

Leeds, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

Hi All,

Going to Orlando tomorrow and just decided to go on the Kennedy Space Center tour. This means I'll have to get the tickets when we get to Orlando. Can anyone tell me where to get the KSC tour tickets in Orlando? Staying on International drive.

Thanks

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

I would suggest posting in the Orlando board.

Leeds, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

Ae you wanting a tour that includes the transportation to/from KSC from Orlando, or will you be driving over yourself and just need the admission ticket? The drive is an easy one, mostly on the Beachline Expressway (a toll road that accepts cash) and takes about an hour from most locations in Orlando.

If you want the excursion with transportation, see kennedyspacecenter.com/launch-transportation… . You can reserve by contacting the operators by phone or e-mail, or some hotels can sell you tickets. I believe the cost is in the $100 range, per adult.

If you are driving yourself, I would advise just purchasing the admission when you arrive at KSC. The ticket includes the Astronaut Hall of Fame nearby KSC, the KSC visitor center exhibits and simulators, the current Star Trek exhibit, the IMAX theatres, and the standard bus tour to the space shuttle launch pad and the Saturn V exhibit. The hours are 9-6. The admission is valid for two days, and costs $43. Occasionally, you can find a discount coupon for $5 off in brochures found at hotels and tourist offices.

There is an optional, extra-cost second tour ("then and now") that visits some of the older Mercury and Gemini launch sites. Most of the gantries have been removed, but you can go into a couple of the launch control rooms, and it is quite interesting. However, you can get a similar tour free on Wednesday and Thursday by contacting the Air Force; see my earlier post on this forum for details.

Edited: 22 September 2011, 12:13
4. Re: Kennedy Space Center tour tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 19:15