We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay around cape canaveral

Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay around cape canaveral

we are travelling to orlando and exploring florida in November. We are staying 3 nights in the orlando area and would like to visit the space centre, where would be a nice place to stay for 2 nights which is not to far from the centre. Have looked at coco beach, but has anyone any suggestions. We are making our way down that coast to miami

Level Contributor
2,077 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay around cape canaveral

Consider New Smyrna Beach (a little north of the space center). We were disappointed in the hotel selection in Cocoa Beach but found much nicer options on the beach in nearby New Smyrna.

Level Contributor
788 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay around cape canaveral

Ron Jon Resort in Cape Canaveral is very nice. I have not stayed there; I rent a condo on the beach for a month each year that is about 1/2 mile down the beach from Ron Jon's. It is a timeshare, but you can rent from them also. It is a very short walk to the beach; I think they have golf cart type shuttle to the beach. Call and ask them. It is especially a great place if you have children - lots of activities and fun pool area. It may be expensive. For a more reasonably priced hotel, I have stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach. Each time I had a suite for about $110. per night. Ask to stay facing the courtyard. It has a very nice pool area, outdoor ping pong, and shuffle board. It has a very good complimentary breakfast and is a block from the beach. If you are looking for a great Italian dinner, try Papa Vito's. I know there are reviews of it on tripadvisor. Great buy one pasta item and get one free if you order before 6:00. Get there by 5:30 - there is often a line. It is very casual!

Merritt Island, FL
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay around cape canaveral

The Country Inn and Suites is the first hotel as Rt 528 turns into A1A, very convenient to the Space Center and a full hot buffet breakfast, indoor corridors and home baked cookies. 321-784-8500

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay around cape canaveral

If you want something oceanfront you will have to stay in Cocoa Beach, other than Ron Jons, all the CC hotels are on the opposite side of A1A. We like the Radisson Resort at the Port as it has a great pool and tiki bar. Its an older hotel but still in good shape. We also like the International Palms Resort in CB which also has tiki bar and restaurant on site. Its also older but has remodeled almost all the rooms.

5. Re: Where to stay around cape canaveral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Cape Canaveral