We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Which Cape Canaveral hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gordonsville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Hello, we are taking our first cruise this fall & needs to know the best & cheapest way to get from from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. Can anyone who has taken a Royal Caribbean cruise recently within the past couple of months tell me how much the tranfers the cruise line offers cost? Any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance.

25 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

I would love to see the same answer from anyone who can help. We are taking a Royal Caribbean Freedom ship and are arriving on Saturday before the Sunday deportation. Thanks

thisladyknows
Level Contributor
17 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

This best direct way if you are driving is heading out of the Orlando airport you will head east on 528 to Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. It is direct and will take you straight to the port exit you will see the cruise ships and signs . Also you will have three tolls. I believe all tolls are a dollar each. Driving time 35 minutes

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

I believe it takes a bit longer then 35 min to get from the airport to the port...more like 45 min to one hour. The Royal Caribbean cruise shuttle cost around $35 per person each way (not sure). I just recommended a company called startrans in a similar post. You can see their rates here - https:/…port_canaveral_transportation.html

Also visit cruisecritic.com... you will find so many similar posts and reviews. Or go to portcanaveral.com/cruising/groundtransport.p… and choose a company from the list of trnsportation companies permitted by the port authority. Private transfer will cost you around $100 each way.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Yes, I drive that all the time, including yesterday, and my fastest time is about 45 minutes from the airport via the Beachline Expressway (SR528). There are tolls on the route, adding a few extra minutes if you pay cash (two $1 tolls). It is, however, an easy drive, usually with little traffic.

The rental car companies that have offices near the port are: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/Alamo, Hertz, and Payless. Cost is usually $50-60 for the trip, sometimes even less.

Shared shuttles are usually around $30-35 per person single, and there are dozens of companies operating on that route. NeelH gives good advice about checking at CruiseCritic.com or the port's own website, as there are a variety of opinions. You should also search TA, as this is a common question.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 11:58
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,373 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Check with TraveLynx

Toll Free: 800-226-5969

They provide excellent shuttle service in the area.

Bahamas
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Hi I recently took a shuttle service to get to and from the Port at Cape Canaveral and the service was exceptional. The shuttle took about 30 minutes and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is called Smart-two.com. Please check it out. It seems to be a fairly new shuttle service with brand new shuttle buses. The driver was very professional and friendly. They even offered us a bottle of complimentary water on our short trip. The shuttle was awesome and it was even equipped with free wifi and docking stations to charge my devices. My husband and I were thoroughly impressed, especially with the reliable service. The driver was there waiting on us and on our return trip to the airport we were there ahead of time. Thomas, our driver, was so precious.

Bahamas
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Try smart-two.com, it is fantastic.

College Park...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

My flight will arrive MCO at 9:23AM, Can I order your shuttle at 9:30. If I late,can I take your next shuttle. And my cruise will end 7:00AM, could I ride your shuttle at 8:30. Can you tell me Where you pick up us?

9. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 13:22

Pittsburgh...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

Looking for affordable transfer from Orlando Mco to Freedom of the seas for 3 passengers. What do you recommend?

Reply to: Best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted