We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Topic
driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

hello

we are planning to take a cruise with disney dream.

the cruise arrives at 0730 and i want to leave the car in the parking which i understand is just near the terminal.

we have an international flight at 1615 from miami airport.

does some one know if we have enough time conseder that it take time to embark,drive and return the car

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

Yes you should have plenty of time. Its approximately 3.5 hours to Miami. I would take I-95 to around Ft. Pierce or Palm Beach then head over to the turnpike to Miami. There will be a few tolls but there is less traffic and the airport is pretty easy to get to from the turnpike. Use www.maquest.com to see route and approx drive times.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

Thanks

And do you know if from docking until you are in the car after custom checks, one hour is enough time?

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

Thanks

And do you know if from docking until you are in the car after custom checks, one hour is enough time?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

I agree that you should be able to easily make your flight at MIA. However, note that just because your ship is due to arrive at 0730, you will likely not be disembarking right at that time, and probably won't need to.

To get to MIA, fill with gas, return the car at the rental car center, and have plenty of time to check in and get through security, you need to leave Port Canaveral absolutely no later than 1100, or slightly earlier if you want some leeway in case of traffic or a rest stop. If you are traveling on a weekday, I would allow more time because of the potential traffic around Miami. Leaving the ship by 0930 would probably be a good compromise for a leisurely drive south.

If you want to be one of the first off the ship, discuss that in advance with the purser, as getting your baggage and customs can be the biggest delay, maybe 30-60 minutes. He will be able to tell you the best time to avoid the crowds. You can also get your MIA boarding passes preprinted.

If you park ain one of the port garages, it is just a short walk to your car; you might want to take your baggage with you so you don't have to return to the terminal pickup lanes. From there, it's a 10-minute drive on SR-528 to I-95 south. Taking the turnpike around Miami is a good idea.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 15:45
5. Re: driving from cape cneveral to miami airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 06:16